cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Why the change in nonlinear curve-fitting from Mathcad 2000 to 15

tburch
4-Participant

Why the change in nonlinear curve-fitting from Mathcad 2000 to 15

I've been doing curve fitting to the logistic function as applied to population growth.  The relevant function was miner() in the older version, but was changed in 15. What was the reason for this change?

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:tburch)

Not sure what you mean. You can still create your own fit using a solve block to minimize the residuals using minerr() if feel like doing so.

Think that you will have to be more specific if you ran into a problem using an older sheet or the like.

You may also use genfit() and for your convenience lgsfit() is available, too.

But if you prefer a self-made solution using minerr() you are still free to do so. Could it be a misspelling? You wrote miner()  instead of minerr().

Why do you think that something has changed and, most important, what has changed in your opinion?

I used Mathcad a lot at the times of version 2001, but I can't remember which functions were already implemented and which came later.

WE

tburch
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for that. I stand corrected re minerr in MC 15.  Must have had a senior moment or two.

My recollection was that I got an error message when I tried to use minerr -- must have been some other problem with syntax.

TKB

Top Tags