cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

assembly config option to avoid improper assumption after an insert and mate

vincecatlin
10-Marble

assembly config option to avoid improper assumption after an insert and mate

Usually an insert and mate do not fully constrain a component unless its a screw or some other little revolved part.

Any other part will require another constraint and this is really obvious to a human but my Creo always seem to assume that an insert and a mate will be just fine, its not.

This will always result in a crooked part and when some other user has assembled in this way the error is not always obvious (until the assembly starts to explode)

Is the answer to just turn off the presumptuous assumption tab somewhere?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vincecatlin)

Config option:

COMP_PLACEMENT_ASSUMPTIONS NO  (default is yes is why it currently assume placement)

I looked for a toggle in the assembly tab under the options for this but didn't see it in CREO 2. You'll likely have to add the option in the configuration editor.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:vincecatlin)

Config option:

COMP_PLACEMENT_ASSUMPTIONS NO  (default is yes is why it currently assume placement)

I looked for a toggle in the assembly tab under the options for this but didn't see it in CREO 2. You'll likely have to add the option in the configuration editor.

Top Tags