cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to create numbered chapters and sub-chapters in prime3

pklemm-2
6-Contributor

How to create numbered chapters and sub-chapters in prime3

Hello,

I have to create a large matcad-document under prime 3 und want to devide it into numbered chapters. Is there something like a MS-Word chaptering, so that an insert between existing chapters would renumber the old chapters.

Or what is the preferred method to get numbered headlines?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:tietjee)

Thanks David.  Do you often use this?  Does it slow down the Mathcad file?

Peter, David was providing the Mathcad 15 solution per my request.  No one has a solution for Prime.  If PTC someday adds scripted components to Prime, then this solution should be usable in Prime.  However, the preferred solution would be for PTC to incorporate numbering similar to MS Word.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:pklemm-2)

Peter Klemm wrote:

Hello,

I have to create a large matcad-document under prime 3 und want to devide it into numbered chapters. Is there something like a MS-Word chaptering, so that an insert between existing chapters would renumber the old chapters.

Or what is the preferred method to get numbered headlines?

As far as I'm aware, there is no paragraph/section autonumbering facility in Prime or Mathcad 15.   In Prime, you could try setting a variable and then displaying it and incrementing it at each change in paragraph.  You could try using one of the old Mathcad tricks for hiding part of an expression, such as dropping a "white" text box over the part you want to cover.  

Stuart

Note: If PTC don't include the capability in Prime 4 (and I don't think they plan to), then it might be possible to use the planned components to create an auto-incrementing section number (I can do this in Mathcad 15).

pklemm-2
6-Contributor
(To:StuartBruff)

Thank you, Stuart. I feared it...

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:StuartBruff)

The auto number program in Mathcad does help with sequence numbering.  You will have to search the discussion board to find it.

pklemm-2
6-Contributor

I cannot find any numbering solution in Prime3. Could you please give a link?

Would you be willing to share your Mathcad 15 solution?

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:MJG)

See the script "Keeping track of equation numbers"  You can edit the script to add test before and after the number.

Cheers

pklemm-2
6-Contributor

Thank you, David.

are you sure that this also should work in Mathcad Prime? Is there a scripting engine in Prime3? That would be great.

If I understand it right, the solution is also based on hiding unwanted parts inside a text block. But I cannot find any way to do that in Prime3.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Thanks David.  Do you often use this?  Does it slow down the Mathcad file?

Peter, David was providing the Mathcad 15 solution per my request.  No one has a solution for Prime.  If PTC someday adds scripted components to Prime, then this solution should be usable in Prime.  However, the preferred solution would be for PTC to incorporate numbering similar to MS Word.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

I use it off and on, depending on the document.  The script is edit to have table, figures, etc.  Does not slow the program.  PTC will have to add a scripting program to Prime for this to work.

Enjoy

pklemm-2
6-Contributor

Sorry, no. Its a Prime3 solution and its a general question then does not depend on my special one.

Top Tags