cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sketch projected onto a curved Surface

RoyHandley
3-Visitor

Sketch projected onto a curved Surface

Hi all

Just playing around with features of Creo that I haven't used before - I have created a sketch on a Datum surface and then projected it onto the surface of a cylinder

as shown:cylinder.png

So the question now is what can I do with it? It no longer behaves as a sketch and won't extrude so if anyone could enlighten me as to the possibilities I would be most grateful.

Not trying to do anything special - just trying stuff out!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

‌if it's a single spline try sweeping a shape along it.  I use this technique to remove material to create door and headlight outlines on car bodies.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

‌if it's a single spline try sweeping a shape along it.  I use this technique to remove material to create door and headlight outlines on car bodies.

Hi Tim

Nice one! That's got me going - any more suggestions welcome!

cylinder2.png

Cheers

Roy

JohnF
4-Participant
(To:RoyHandley)

spring_washer.jpgHi Roy

I used it to sweep a shape to create a spring washer  I will post the part so you can play with it.  I projected the sketch onto a surface; used the projection as a trajectory and hid the surface.  Parts of the sketch referenced the other features in the model. Have fun.

Hi John

A nice idea. Look forward to the posting.

Roy

John

Is the part you posted in CREO 3? I can't open it using CREO2 which is all  I have access to here in school.

Have CREO3 at home so will try tonight if that's the case.

Roy

JohnF
4-Participant
(To:RoyHandley)

CREO 3 it is Roy sorry,

Thanks John - just accessed the file with CREO 3.

I like the ideas proposed by yourself and Tim - I must explore this further.

Thanks again

Roy

Top Tags