cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

tension plotting problem

mdewolff-2
2-Guest

tension plotting problem

I'm trying to plot a function from Hibbeler Mechanics of Materials in Mathcad Prime 3.0 but I'm not getting any results.

I put in a figure for P (15N) and for A (100mm^2). So the bar on top of the page isn't rectangular but square (10x10mm)

Theta = 30deg is not producing any result.

Somewhat below on the right I tried to list all theta angles from 90deg to 0deg: no result.

Obviously I do something wrong here. Please help.

Thanks maurits

(I accidentally cross posted in the sub section mechanical engineering. I'll try to delete the cross posting)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mdewolff-2)

You have sin multiplied by theta, but you need sin(theta). Also, do not confuse the different equals. There is the numeric assignment, :=, the numeric evaluation (which displays a result), =, and the boolean equals (which you get with Ctrl =, and is bold), =.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mdewolff-2)

You have sin multiplied by theta, but you need sin(theta). Also, do not confuse the different equals. There is the numeric assignment, :=, the numeric evaluation (which displays a result), =, and the boolean equals (which you get with Ctrl =, and is bold), =.

Top Tags