cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Top Down Design With PTC Creo 2.0- AAX Help

bwudtke
10-Marble

Top Down Design With PTC Creo 2.0- AAX Help

Hi Community,

I recently have been looking into Top down design using external published geometry.  Can someone please help me through the best process of this?  We work with Windchill as well, so doing this the correct way with the database management is essential because we are in a large company with others that can touch any part at a given time. 

If it is possible for anyone to upload/email a large assembly that uses this functionality that would be great.  I am someone that can easily figure it out if I could see a large assembly with this.  Even if it is one PTC has demonstrated such as the Lawnmower a while back.

Thank you

Brock

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

These videos explain it well. You can download the videos, he also has them up on YouTube somewhere.

Top Down Design using Skeleton Assemblies, Free Pro/E Wildfire Video Tutorial, Consumer Product Design/Development, E-Co…

I've also seen it done in a similar manner but incorrectly such as all copy geometry features assembled to the default location with the same start part. This makes assembling components and copy geometry features brainless but the drawbacks are significant: Makes the assembly inflexible to changes, makes it a modular-resistant design, and makes relative accuracy (model size) dependent on distance from assembled coordinate system which can cause serious problems in large models.  As he says in the video, assembling the copy geometry to the correct location makes all the difference.

Top Tags