cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Debug Message window

mleboulluec
1-Newbie

Debug Message window

I am using Arbortext 7.0 F000 and obtaining the annoying Debug Message window every time I paste jpeg graphics into my document.

I have been using Arbortext 7.0 for over three months now and this started happening on the morning of 4 April 2016. I work offline. The error in the Debug Message window reads "add_psv: Cannot insert page reference due to invalid saveref". I see no saveref preference or value in advanced Preferences.

I set the pastesource preference to blank "fix" reported in the post by Steven Powell Apr 29, 2014 12:10 PM, however this did not work.

Any recommendations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks to Brent Kelly for resolving this case. The reason:

The issue is caused by your FOSI. The problem is that:

• Arbortext's FOSI implementation does not allow for time-dependent variables that are modified in the pagedesc to be modified during flowtext processing.

• The FOSI engine warns users about illegal use of time-dependent variables".

Unfortunately the document is not written by one person (me) who is familiar with DTDs and FOSIs. I will have to repair the XML tags in the document before this Debug Message disappears.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Debug Window.jpg

As of 4/08/2016 the Debug Messages window appears when (1) inserting new illustrations and (2) refreshing my document.

Hi Michael,

I suggests that you upgrade to AE 7.0 M020. BR/John

Thanks John,

It seems as if I have M040 installed already. Here are the version on my computer:

Version 7.0.F000

Build number R70F000-1188

Technical Information Application 6.1 M040 (Build R70F000-1122)

do you or some other user know if there is a Major, patch, or Maintenance release available?

Thank you, Mike

Thanks to Brent Kelly for resolving this case. The reason:

The issue is caused by your FOSI. The problem is that:

• Arbortext's FOSI implementation does not allow for time-dependent variables that are modified in the pagedesc to be modified during flowtext processing.

• The FOSI engine warns users about illegal use of time-dependent variables".

Unfortunately the document is not written by one person (me) who is familiar with DTDs and FOSIs. I will have to repair the XML tags in the document before this Debug Message disappears.

Top Tags