cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Start Assemblies Simplified Rep Rules

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Start Assemblies Simplified Rep Rules

I am looking for people to share examples of simplified rules that are in your start assemblies. Specifically I am thinking about default rules to help with large assembly management.

For instance we have one that excludes washers and fasteners. We have another one that checks Pro_MP_VOLUME and excludes components by size.

What other examples do people have of good simplified rep rules to put in start assemblies?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

Your examples are cool.  Large Assembly is relative....

If you have a 300 objects assembly with 2 levels than Simp Rep rules may be good.  In our case, we have very large deep structure assemblies where all required objects are not existing in the client workspace.  I haven't tested simp rep rules recently with the new software, but when we put a rule in place in our system, The software had to load / interogate each assembly in the structure to look for the objects based on the rule.  We deleted the simp rep rule out of the start assembly as soon as we saw the performance issue.  I have tested out simplifed rep rules in one of our small 300 object assemblies in Creo 2 M160 and it was not a performance hit, but all dependent objects were in the workspace.

We were looking at ways to create a simplfied rep of an assemlby based on file names.  The UI in the simplfied rep rules area is very powerful.

Top Tags