cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Partially Routed Cable

mbegley
1-Newbie

Partially Routed Cable

I have been having trouble with a table in a cable drawing not populating correctly, and I've noticed some weird issues that I was wondering someone might be able to help me with.

I had an existing cable file that had a main connector with two cables (Cable_1 and Cable_2) coming out of it going to two separate components. I then added a new connector into the file, and created a new network to route a new cable to it (Cable_3). The new cable was based off a new spool that I created, and has 4 wires and shielding. I successfully created the network, created a cable that routed between the two connectors, and have a flat file that works fine. I noticed my issue when I was trying to update the wire list table on the drawing that is populated by the harness file, a lot of the fields were not being populated, and a few were duplicating themselves.

Upon some digging, I found that the cable I created says it is not full routed (If I go into the route cables, then select the binocular "retrieve cable from model or logical reference" button, it shows me the newly created cable and if I hover over it with the mouse says it is partially routed). If I select it and bring it into the window, I'm not sure what is wrong as it looks to be fully routed and goes exactly where I want.

If I click on the cabling info button, and select the Harness Wirelist, it brings up all the cables and wires, the colors, and lengths, but the "from" and "to" columns are not populated for the newly created cable (Cable_3). Is this something easy that I'm missing, or doing wrong? I also noticed in the model tree the icon for Cable_1 and Cable_2 look slightly different than the newly created Cable_3. Cable_3's icon looks like a cable but has a section missing out of the center.

I've also noticed my logical data doesn't fully match. It says that my new cable, Cable_3, does not match with the reference data as it is not complete in the design data.

I really appreciate the help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags