cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3.0 Doesn't Open on Windows 10

bhildebrandt
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 Doesn't Open on Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G50-70 Laptop and I just installed the Student Version of Creo Parametric 3.0. The Install went normally, but when I open "parametric.exe," I get the spinning wheel icon and then the program flashes on the taskbar for a half-second then it completely closes. The task manager recognizes the program as it is starting up, when I get the spinning wheel icon. However, it is not recognized when everything closes. I don't know why this is happening, could anyone help me out here?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

add the following option at the end of config.pro file. Edit this file on Wordpad.

graphics win32_gdi

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you! However, whenever I attempt to add the option in "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param\config.pro," it says that I don't have access to the file to be able to edit it. How could this be fixed?

Hi,

copy config.pro file into startup directory (see properties of startup shortcut, Start in field) and edit it.

You cannot edit "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param\config.pro" file because of access rights.

MH

Martin Hanák

Ok so I did this, added the line you gave me to the bottom of the text, and copied it back in to its original spot. I'm still experiencing the same problem. Did I do something wrong along the way?

Ben,

by default Creo does not read "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M010\Common Files\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param\config.pro". Place modified config.pro file into startup directory (see properties of startup shortcut, Start in field).

MH

Martin Hanák

Ben,

Did you get a chance to test Creo referring Martin's suggestion?

If still it is not working, you may write an email to -

Top Tags