cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

sketch on sheet metal surface

mvanderwal
4-Participant

sketch on sheet metal surface

Hello,

I'm trying to place a sketch on a sheet metal surface. All goes well until I make a flat pattern. Then the sketch is not on the surface anymore but floating on his original positionCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

The goal is to have the text and graphics on my drawing. This drawing I send to my supplier and then the text is engraved on the sheet metal by the laser cutting machine.

How can I solve this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Martijn,

The sketch feature will not follow the surface it is sketched on.  After you create the sketch feature, then select it and go to Editing > Project:

project.jpg

In the Project dashboard, make sure the that Follow Surface option is selected, under References:

dashboard.jpg

This will allow the Project feature (which references the Sketch feature) to follow the surface when unbending or creating a flat.

If you have a PTC support account, you can get information from the following article - CS177019.  If you don't have an account, you can create one here.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Edit definition of the sketch and make sure all references are to planes and geometry that will move when the part is flattened.

Dave

mvanderwal
4-Participant
(To:dmcclinton)

Dave,

thanks for the quick reply.

That was indeed my first thought also. I've tried it but it doesn't help.

I'm using Creo 3.0 M070

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

The sketch feature will not follow the surface it is sketched on.  After you create the sketch feature, then select it and go to Editing > Project:

project.jpg

In the Project dashboard, make sure the that Follow Surface option is selected, under References:

dashboard.jpg

This will allow the Project feature (which references the Sketch feature) to follow the surface when unbending or creating a flat.

If you have a PTC support account, you can get information from the following article - CS177019.  If you don't have an account, you can create one here.

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks Amit,

this solved my problem.

Top Tags