cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Default legend values in result window

wverwee
1-Newbie

Default legend values in result window

Hi all,

Is it possible to assign default legend values in the result window?

When looking at the stress results of an analysis, the highest legend value is by default set to the largest stress in the model. As this often occurs near a singularity, the biggest part of the model is dark blue. I usually change the min value to 0 and the max value to the yield stress.

I know I can use result templates. Is it also possible without a template by just changing the defaults?

I'm using Simulate 3.0.

Best regards,
Wouter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

In some industries all you deal with is standard steel of roughly 300MPa strength, and then it gets pretty tiresome to change the legend to the same values every time you look at results.

It would be really good to have this.

I hope someone will file an enhancement request so that we may hopefully get this fantastic feature in 3 years from now <sigh>.

Check out product IdeaCreo Simulate (Mechanica) Results - Persistent Legend Values Option

Which is would partly address the issue

Thanks,
Don Anderson
No time Like the Present!
Top Tags