cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Mapkey or UDF for hole

gfraulini
17-Peridot

Mapkey or UDF for hole

Hi all,

my intent is making "a thing" (I thought a mapkey or a UDF) that can me permit to do a hole with a spot-facing for screws with circular head.

I'd want that the deep of the spot-facing is a pre-defined value, like the diameter; furthermore the diameter should have the tolerance of +0.3,+0.1 mm.

Nuova immagine (7).jpg

This tipe of hole should be placed in various type of positions, so I'd like to use the tipical placement of the "proE internal hole feature", with the "offset referencies".

With a mapkey i can create this, but without the tolerances on the diameter.

With a UDF I gotta do more passages in the placement and in the successive edit definition.

In your opinio hich is the best choice and how do it?

Thanks

Bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gfraulini)

A UDF is going to give you more control.  You can apply formatting, tolerances, and even add relations.  I'd suggest you create a UDF and then create a mapkey to place it.  This will give you the features you want while making them easy to create. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gfraulini)

A UDF is going to give you more control.  You can apply formatting, tolerances, and even add relations.  I'd suggest you create a UDF and then create a mapkey to place it.  This will give you the features you want while making them easy to create. 

Top Tags