cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to get the number of query-results into a report

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

How to get the number of query-results into a report

Hi @all,

the base for a report is mostly (always?) a query. I would like to state in the header of the report how many results this report includes?

Thanks, Jens

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

Hello Jens-Uwe Nixdorf,

That could get interesting, depending on the nature of the report.  If it's a mutli-level relationship walking report, the results could potentially contain many more items than there are results in the query (in the form of child items), and those child items could well be duplicated under several parents.

I suspect the easiest way to do this is with JavaScript, but I don't have the details myself.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi Kael,

thanks for your answer. Maybe i could count the results by myself with Javascript in the recipe or so, in the first step only for the initial query-results without counting the relationship walking. But i would prefer to get this information directly from Integrity, because i think that Integrity should already know how much results the query is giving.

kind regards, Jens

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JensN.)

Hi Jens-Uwe Nixdorf‌,

I agree, it does look like something Integrity should have, and which should be fairly easy to get.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case:  I took a second look at our R&D system.  It looks like there was once an old request for exactly that as an enhancement.  There is no workaround listed, and no customer has requested this information since we switched to KCS (our current KB system).

It seems that the best way at this point to make Product Management aware of this request is to submit an Idea for it.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags