cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Is there any impact on the output when we run multiple WinDU session simultaneously on a single Method Server?

gchandramohan
1-Newbie

Is there any impact on the output when we run multiple WinDU session simultaneously on a single Method Server?

I want to run multiple WinDU session on my Windchill server. This is because I feel it saves time. Is there any impact on the output when we run multiple WinDU session simultaneously on a single Method Server?

2 REPLIES 2

Technically you can run multiple sessions at the same time.I assume you wouldn't have the same tasks selected in multiple sessions. If you run the sessions at the same time, the folder name for Windu output will be the same but there is separate output logs for each of the tasks, I don't know whether it would speed up as runs in the same JVM and running queries against same database

Thank you for the inputs Binesh.. I am not sure about the JVM.. But as far the DB tables are concerned, as long as the different tasks do query on different tables, the activity can happen simultaneously resulting in parallel execution of multiple activities..

Top Tags