cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Saving Issue / Name "xxx" is invalid

sroberts-2
1-Newbie

Saving Issue / Name "xxx" is invalid

Hi peeps

am having a right nightmare with saving a model, when I save the model it flags up a error and cant save the model

please see image attached

hope some can shed some light on this

thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

If I'm not mistaken, the "#" sign in a file name is not allowed.

Bear in mind that, a "#" is apparently okay for a Windows file name. Creo, on the other hand, will not let me create a file with that character in its name.

You can probably just rename the part when you have it loaded. I assume it is the result of pulling in a STEP file of an assembly, so just remember to rename all the offending parts first (and save them), then save the assembly last, so it will be stored with the changed part names.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:sroberts-2)

Models with '#AF<number>' suffix are internal instances, for things like assembly feature intersected parts.  They should generally not be visible to the user, and should *certainly* not be showing up in a list of dependent models that need to be saved to disk.  You've got a bug here, please contact Tech Support and get an SPR filed.

Top Tags