cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Silent install of Creo 2.0 m100 not working

pkovatch
1-Newbie

Silent install of Creo 2.0 m100 not working

So I installed Creo 2.0 m100 on my local machine, copied the xml files creobase.p.xml, pma.p.xml, and portmapper.p.xml (mks is also installed but I could not find an xml file for it so this may be the cause of it not installing) and then made a bat file that says: setup.exe -xml creabose.p.xml -xml pma.p.xml -xml portmapper.p.xml and placed the xml files and the bat file in the folder where we house our setup file.

When I run the bat file though, it prompts me to install (I know because an admin prompt comes up) then hangs for about 1 min (if that) and the command prompt window closes but nothing installs. Am I missing something?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:pkovatch)

What I do is create a shortcut to the batch file.  Then the batch file needs to be marked as admin.

Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties.

On the shortcut tab select the Advanced button.

Then check the box of Run as administrator.

I cannot make the bat file run as admin because of security things we have in place.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Just to test this is or is not the cause can you get an admin to run it under their login?  At least you will know if you have to continue looking.

Oh sorry for the confusion, I am an admin and have rights to run as such, but bat files themselves have been disabled as auto running as admin for virus threat reasons.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ah.  Then I'm out of ideas.  Sorry.

JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

Is the install destination exactly the same as the original install?  For example, if you originally installed it on a D drive, but the silent install is on a machine without a D drive, you'll need to use -destination after each xml.

Hmm I did move the install folder to my local to see if it would run easier. I will try that.

Top Tags