cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CREO schematic fiber labels

kthelen
1-Newbie

CREO schematic fiber labels

I'm working in creo schematic 2.0, m020.  How do I get the fiber labels to move with the fibers?

currently when I move a fiber the label stays in the old location and doesn't move with the fiber.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3

If the label has been moved off the fiber then it will stay in place. The best way to address it is to delete the ones that won't move, then edit the fiber's properties. Go to the label tab, choose 'none' for the position, click apply, choose 'middle' for the position and click OK. They should then follow your movements again.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:kthelen)

You probably need to update the label properties for the fiber you used. The label has a Position property that is probably set to none.

Fiber Dialog.JPG

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:kthelen)

It is an idiosyncrasy of Schematics that still exists in version 4.

If you move a label, even slightly, it is officially detached from the fiber and will not move or be updated when the fiber is.

Much of the confusion is because if you select the fiber, the label shows as selected.  At that point the label really is not selected and will not be changed.

The only fix at this time is to set up the fiber options so that you do not need to move them as often.  When you do need to move them because they don't work in the default position here is one method:

Delete the old label.

Set the label properties to generate a new label (for text changes in the label) and move it into the needed position.

Top Tags