cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mistake with Skeleton file

jlozano
1-Newbie

Mistake with Skeleton file

(Note: I am using Creo Elements/Pro5.0 and Windchill)

I am working with a small assembly that molds parts, so I use a skeleton of the final molded part.

Normally I create the final molded part and create a skeleton in the assembly based on the final molded part.

After everything was completed I uploaded the assembly into Windchill.

The customer asked that the molded part be changed to add some features. I made the changes and saved, and then did a save as to what I thought was the skeleton.

The huge mistake I made was I thought I had the part file open and was saving over the skeleton, but the opposite was true.

SO now I have my final part behaving as a skeleton file.

Is there any way to change this back to a standard part file? Normally I would just delete the last saved copy (i.e. mold.prt.5) and work from the copy from before I messed up the model. But now that we use windchill I have no access to the previously saved part files.

Please help.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags