cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values

vveeran
4-Participant

How to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values

Dear all,

Previously, I attached this file but I couldn't explained clearly in the worksheet.

Now, I updated the worksheet and explained clearly 'what to do? '.

I want to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values (-84.948....20.136) for my example program

and also I need to plot real and imaginary values of polyroots.

I explained everything clearly in my worksheet which I attached below.

could someone help me in this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe the attached file helps.

You have to turn the calculations into function depending on Vm (you doen't need "coeff" as you provide the coefficients yourself.

You should use a range variable only for plotting. To calculate a couple of values you shoul use a vector of Vm-values.

Not sure, but you may have to find a solution to cope with Mathcads habit of changing the order of the three roots depending on the real part (at least thats what I think it does) if thats not what you need and want.

Regards

Werner

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maybe the attached file helps.

You have to turn the calculations into function depending on Vm (you doen't need "coeff" as you provide the coefficients yourself.

You should use a range variable only for plotting. To calculate a couple of values you shoul use a vector of Vm-values.

Not sure, but you may have to find a solution to cope with Mathcads habit of changing the order of the three roots depending on the real part (at least thats what I think it does) if thats not what you need and want.

Regards

Werner

vveeran
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Werner,

Thank you for your  valuable comments.

It helped me a lot.

Top Tags