cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to move a sub-assembly from assembly to another

fdefilippi
1-Newbie

How to move a sub-assembly from assembly to another

Greeting-

I have a sub-assembly (a) within another sub assembly (b), and I need to relocate this out place it at the same level as assembly (B).  How best to do this as drag and drop don't work.

thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:fdefilippi)

My guess would be that you have something in your top level assembly constrained to it.  Remove these constraints, move the sub-assembly, and recreate the needed constraints.

For whatever reason, CREO will not allow a sub-assembly or part to be relocated up when there are constraints in the upper level assembly referencing the sub-assembly or part.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:fdefilippi)

My guess would be that you have something in your top level assembly constrained to it.  Remove these constraints, move the sub-assembly, and recreate the needed constraints.

For whatever reason, CREO will not allow a sub-assembly or part to be relocated up when there are constraints in the upper level assembly referencing the sub-assembly or part.

Thanks Kevin, for some reason I was able to drag and drop in out of the assembly, after a few attempts and it kept the constraints as well.

Frank

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:kdirth)

You may also be able to move parts constrained to your sub-assembly into the sub assembly, move the sub assembly, and then move the parts back out.

thanks for the tips.. still on a learn curve with this s/w thanks for the patience.

Top Tags