cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Was the Edit in Word functionallity removed in 10.8?

dschleicher
2-Guest

Was the Edit in Word functionallity removed in 10.8?

The templates are sill available in the admingui, but I can not find the menu entry!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Matthias and Keal!

It seems that after our Migration from 10.4 to 10.8 it got lost. The screenshot also helped my because I know now that it is definitly not in the viewset.

But the interesting thing is that I remember that we had this feature in 10.4 in the viewset.

Anyway I think I will have to make a new viewset.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:dschleicher)

Hello Daniel Schleicher‌,

I don't see any mention of that in the Release Notes.  I just tried it myself, and it worked fine.

I suspect your ViewSet just doesn't have the Edit in Word... entry in your Document menu.  If your ViewSet is customizable, you should be able to do the following:

1. Go to Menu ViewSet ➜ Customize...
  2. In the Customize <ViewSetName> ViewSet dialog, it should open on the Actions tab.  In the left pane under Action Group, drill down into Workflows and Documents ➜ Document ➜ Document.
  3. In the right tab, in the drop down next to the Edit in Word action, select Visible or Visible, On Toolbar.
  4. In the bottom right, click on OK

The Edit in Word... action should now be available.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Hello Keal,

Do you realy work on 10.8? - because I do not find Edit in Word in the ViewSet Customization Dialog.

Regards,

Daniel

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hi Daniel Schleicher‌,

Yes, I certainly do Daniel.  It's the last option in that set of actions:

2016-05-23 18_33_01-ALM_Requirements Analyst ViewSet - Integrity 10.png

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Daniel,

If you reuse viewsets that where created at a time when the "Edit in Word" functionality was not yet available, you will never be able to "enable" it by customizing this viewset.

Reason (as far as i know it):

The viewsets are XML files. When you configure a viewset you can only "modify" elements of this XML file that where initially included.

Even when you create a new one by "copy existing viewset" Option, you will only copy these limitations.

Workaround:

do not try to modify or copy an existing, but create a new viewset from scratch in your 10.8 Client.

HTH Matthias

Thanks Matthias and Keal!

It seems that after our Migration from 10.4 to 10.8 it got lost. The screenshot also helped my because I know now that it is definitly not in the viewset.

But the interesting thing is that I remember that we had this feature in 10.4 in the viewset.

Anyway I think I will have to make a new viewset.

Top Tags