cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

global assignment of maximise value

jzy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

global assignment of maximise value

hey lads, its me once again. I asked a question regarding the angle beta and it was solved by the awesome individuals from this community. But now I have another problem because of this. I need to global assign this beta value so that my calculations can be automated instead of me manually typing beta every single time! helppp!!!

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:jzy)

JT ZY wrote:

hey lads, its me once again. I asked a question regarding the angle beta and it was solved by the awesome individuals from this community. But now I have another problem because of this. I need to global assign this beta value so that my calculations can be automated instead of me manually typing beta every single time! helppp!!!

Do you mean global assignment in the Mathcad sense of the word (look it up in Help), or do you just want an assignment to a variable? For example,

Global Definition.

Mathcad performs two passes through a worksheet.  Anything defined using a global definition operator is picked up during the first pass, and anything using a normal definition operator during the second pass.   This allows a variable or function to be physicall defined after it is used, unlike normal Mathcad evaluation.

Stuart

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:jzy)

You can assign the result of a solve block to a variable name.  (See purple in attached.

Sorry for the late reply guys. I forgot to tell you that all my values about have been globally assigned as I needed to put some values for a summary at the front of the mathcad sheet. Thats the reason why I kinda of have difficulty assigning the result of a solve block to a variable name. I cannot globally assign the result to a variable name.

I have had the same issue. My conclusion has been that it is not achievable.

What I do is I create a separate summary worksheet. Then I create a collapable area at the beginning with a reference to the original sheet. Then all results are available for writing a summary. Then I print both documents to pdf and merge them. It is not a really pretty solution so I hope that someone has a better suggestion.

Dennis,

I am guessing that your method is the only solution to our problem. I dont see any method to name a variable such as maximise using global assignment. Any experts have any take on this?

Top Tags