cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

creo3 linear dimensions vs creo2

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

creo3 linear dimensions vs creo2

What happened to linear dimensions snapping into center (between arrows)? I see the list for creo3 says "improved dimension UI for better workflow" or something similar.

There must be something I am missing? Taking a lot longer to make a print does not equal better workflow to me.

Other then that creo3 has been decent (versus creo2), except making the icons more monotone seems like another step back as it's easy to identify icons by color when they are different colors.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tshen
16-Pearl
(To:Inoram)

Hi Matt, Do you want to place dimension text to the center between witness lines automatically?

If yes , please click menu File > Options > Configuration Editor and set option auto_center_dimension to yes, then create dimension again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tshen
16-Pearl
(To:Inoram)

Hi Matt, Do you want to place dimension text to the center between witness lines automatically?

If yes , please click menu File > Options > Configuration Editor and set option auto_center_dimension to yes, then create dimension again.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:tshen)

EDIT: I should have tried Creo 2 again before responding.  Creo 2 does not work like I described in my original reply (below).  In Creo 2, you click the dim command, then the first entity, then the second and then MMB to place the dim.  The value ends up where you clicked the MMB, I believe.  There is no dragging the dim during placement.  If you want to center it, you need to then reselect the dim and move it, much like Creo 3.

Having the snap-to-center be active when placing the dim in Creo 3, when that option is set to no, would be a nice enhancement.

That works, but still isn't the same as it was before.  It used to be the same as it is now with dragging dims - the value would snap in the center while placing it, or you could drag it somewhere else.

Now, without that option set, when placing it there is no snap at the center, in order to center it you need to place it, exit the command, grab it again and then snap it to the center.  With the option, when placing it the value simply goes to the center, in order to place it elsewhere you need to place it, exit the command, grab it again and then drag it away from center.

The old workflow was much easier and more efficient.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

In Creo 2, if your MMB click is within the extension lines, then the text is centered; if it is outside, then the text is where you clicked.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:psobejko)

Yeah, I like this overall, but PTC is trying to improve my workflow!! lol...

lbai
4-Participant
(To:dgschaefer)

This config.pro option auto_center_dimension is added from Creo 3.0, it works well in Creo 3.0 M090 on my side, after set option auto_center_dimension to yes, when place dimension, dimension text will located on the center automatically.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:tshen)

yes! That's what I want. thank you.

Top Tags