cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Kinetic model of CSTR

gfilippini
1-Newbie

Kinetic model of CSTR

Hi, I'm new on the forum and inexperienced with Mathcad Prime 3, so I need help. In the attached sheet I just wrote the kinetic model for a CSTR, which is a simple system of

2 algebric equations. There are lots of parameters that are fixed and one, XFRC (conversione of the reagent), that must change because I have to plot the solution of the system

with respect to that parameter. How can I do that? Thanks and sorry if my english is not perfect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See please the attach and the picture

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

You apparently are using 3.1

Many of us  , stuck at 3.0, cannot read your file.

Please post PDF or XPS version of your Mathcad Prime worksheet.

See please the attach and the picture

Thanks, this is perfect! By the way this is a part of a study about kinetic, maybe I'll ask for some more help later! Thanks again to all of you

You welcome!

I am and will be glad to help you!

See please too

Chemical Kinetics with Mathcad and Maple | Viktor Korobov | Springer

and the site of the book

Chemical Kinetics with Mathcad and Maple

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:gfilippini)

I think Valery's method is probably best.  But here is an alternate version that gets rid of the solver.  I think it works.

2016-05-25_9-02-22.png

gfilippini
1-Newbie
(To:DJF)

Thank a lot to you too !!

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:gfilippini)

Func.jpg

But better to have a function not a set of values!

Hello again, my work proceeds but now I encountered another problem, related to my low programming skills. I am sure that you can solve it in a moment. In the image you can see a solve block for a single CSTR reactor, I need to iterate the soluzion for N CSTR reactors in series. This is banal on paper, because all you need to do is to use the solution of the first CSTR as input for the second and so on. So I tried to make a "for loop", but I found that solve blocks cannot go into programming area. How can I solve it?

P.S. of course the conversion XFRC will be referred to the entire series of reactors.Immagine.png

You do not need to use the solve block inside a cycle - You need to use in the cycle a function created in the solve block.

Another question - I hope this will be the last .

Immagine.png

I need to graph the solution of the ode system vs temperature. I do not care about the trend vs time, I need only the output (after integration time) at various temperatures. How can I graph it? I'm probably wrong in assigning arguments of the function...

Edit: I just solved using: CHMF0(T):=C(T)(t). I think this is ok for my purpose

Send please the sheet.

The sheet is in allegate, I have also a problem with a "cyclic dependency" error... thank you for your help!

Top Tags