cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

included sheet generating error

bsimpkins
6-Contributor

included sheet generating error

using Prime 2.0.  i "include" a sheet with a simple program (attached).  it works fine in the original sheet but the sheet that is trying to "include" it complains that there is an error in this sheet.

5 REPLIES 5

There is no attached file in your message.

bsimpkins
6-Contributor
(To:bsimpkins)

oops.  here's the sheet.

When I open your sheet I don't see any error.

We can't play around with the sheet cause we are missing the excel file.

What do you mean that you are trying to "include" the program somewhere else? Where?

Post the sheet, that is throwing the error.

bsimpkins
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

aha!  i figured it out.  i had the "included" sheet in another directory so when it was read in the new sheet, and mathcad attempted to follow the path to the excel sheet, the path was no longer correct.  i will need to put the full path in.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:bsimpkins)

Mathcad Prime stores the results of the calculations and displays them when the file is first loaded. So your worksheet looks fine until you try to recalculate it, at which point the READEXCEL statement throws an error because the spreadsheet is not present. If you include the worksheet in another worksheet Mathcad tries to calculate the included worksheet, and throws an error for the same reason.

If that's not the source of your problem then, as Werner notes, we need the Excel spreadsheet.

Top Tags