cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Installing Mathcad 15?

aclark-3
1-Newbie

Installing Mathcad 15?

Sorry if this question is posted twice. I'm new to your community. Just purchased student version of Prime 3.1 and Mathcad 15. prime installs fine (Windows 7) and works fine, but I cannot install Mathcad 15. The installation almost finishes and I get an error msg about program File x86. Says it already exists, but I cannot find it when I search the computer. I uninstalled everything yesterday and reinstalled. no improvement.  Thanks, Al

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

Please provide a screenshot of your error which appears on the screen.

sorry for my incompetence. couldn't figure out how to take a screen shot. Here is the msg.

cannot create the file 'c:\Program File (x86)\mathcad\mathcad 15\mathcad.exe'    The Directory already exists.

I am tied up in meetings today, so I may not be able to respond until this evening, Eastern time. Thanks very much for your assistance, Al

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:aclark-3)

From your info I deduct that you're installing on a windows 7 64-bit OS. That should be OK. Mathcad 15 should be installed in the directory it suggests during installation. normally this directory will be named:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad 15

If you removed the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)

You can recreate it and retry installation.

Success!
Luc

thanks Luc.  That was my intent.I wanted to remove that file and try again.

But when I search for that file using the search box at the bottom left of the screen, I am told that the file does not exist.

I finally was able to get in contact with a PTC software engineer. He solved my problem. I was not properly extracting the download and not properly setting up the license.

Thanks to all.

Top Tags