cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bitmap Image not appear in Tiff plotter in Creo2.0

ssingh-7
1-Newbie

Bitmap Image not appear in Tiff plotter in Creo2.0

When i plot tiff file by adding printer as Tiff in Creo Parametric 2.0.. , drawing saved does not show inserted bitmap image.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.] TIFF (Snapshot) produces picture with resolution of your screen - 72 dpi. You cannot improve the resolution.

2.] TIFF produced as plot file does not contain OLE bitmap included in drawing. You cannot change this behavior.

Maybe you can find and install Windows TIFF printer (this means something like PDFCreator for PDF format) and create TIFF file via MS Printer Manager printer.

See List of virtual printer software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for inspiration.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/index.jspx?id=About_Exporting_a_TIFF__Snapshot__TIFF_EPS_or_JP&action=s… contains following information:

plot.png

This means that TIFF printer is not able to output OLE bitmaps.

See also https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS123309

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/creo_hc/creo20_hc/index.jspx?id=About_Exporting_a_TIFF__Snapshot__TIFF_EPS_or_JP&action=s… contains following information:

snapshot.png

TIFF file produced by this procedure contains bitmap picture. Unfortunately its quality is poor, because it represents a screenshot.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin for your support.

But when I save my drawing with this option, tiff file received have following properties- uncompressed 72 dpi.

tiff export.JPG

But when I save my drawing with the option- Add Printer type -->tiff printer (controlled by Raster_plot_dpi in config.pro), then tiff file received have properties- CCITT.6 compression with 200 dpi, which is my requirement.

The only problem is, Inserted Bitmap image doesn't appear with this method.

tiff plotter.JPG

So, can you suggest, how to get Bitmap inserted image with second option. Is there any special configuration in config.pro for this requirement??

Hi,

1.] TIFF (Snapshot) produces picture with resolution of your screen - 72 dpi. You cannot improve the resolution.

2.] TIFF produced as plot file does not contain OLE bitmap included in drawing. You cannot change this behavior.

Maybe you can find and install Windows TIFF printer (this means something like PDFCreator for PDF format) and create TIFF file via MS Printer Manager printer.

See List of virtual printer software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for inspiration.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

Now this seems to be one solution. I hope i can get my problem solved with this suggestion

Shweta

Top Tags