cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to keep the US and $ to the same line normally?

eyeung
1-Newbie

How to keep the US and $ to the same line normally?

123.jpg

Accordingly to the above picture, when the US$ on the last, will break the "$" to next line, but when I use other symbol, it can break to the next line together  (see the below picture)

How can I solve the problem without macro, when I typing the US$ can default keep in the same line?

456.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are using the Unicode edition you can override the sunipair.3ad file using <?tunipair>. Alternatively you can stick a <?bk> and <?ek> around the affected text. APP line breaking tries to conform with Unicode (UAX #14: Unicode Line Breaking Algorithm) but sometimes doesn't quite match. The later versions of APP are much better in this regard.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you are using the Unicode edition you can override the sunipair.3ad file using <?tunipair>. Alternatively you can stick a <?bk> and <?ek> around the affected text. APP line breaking tries to conform with Unicode (UAX #14: Unicode Line Breaking Algorithm) but sometimes doesn't quite match. The later versions of APP are much better in this regard.

Thanks Gareth,

Actually I using the latest version.

I don't want to use the <bk>and<ek>, because this situation appeared many times, so I would like to try solve it completely.

By the way, thanks for your help about the unicode tips, I can through this way to try.

Many thanks Gareth!

Top Tags