cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CAD Standards - ref NASA standard 3528

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

CAD Standards - ref NASA standard 3528

Note especially to anyone at NASA...

Edwards has been in business 60+ years but is now growing exponentially, especially through acquisitions, and we are investing heavily in standards, templates, best practices, guidelines, etc.

I've just been studying this document - best I've ever come across in all these years.  Major kudos to the author(s).

MSFC-STD-3528 | NASA Technical Standards System (NTSS)

The latest of this document publicly available seems to be Rev D, 2011, and refers throughout to Pro/Engineer, not Creo Parametric.

Two Questions to anyone at NASA who subscribes to this post:

A) Is there a newer revision of this or a a replacement document available which addresses Creo Parametric?

B) There are several referenced documents (e.g. "Desktop Instruction ED-CAD-DI-001" with their location on internal NASA websites (e.g. http://iesweb.ndc.nasa.gov/ies/Mechanical/ProE/ProEtipsn.asp,

http://iesweb.ndc.nasa.gov/ies/Mechanical/ProE/ProEtipsn.asp ) mentioned in the document.  I'm wondering if any of these have been made public.  Would love to take a look at some of them.

Happy to buy a beer for anyone who can shed some light on this one (I owe lots of people a beer ).

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:MikeLockwood)

Can't speak to MSFC's documents. Though another interesting document is NASA-STD-(I)-0007 | NASA Technical Standards System (NTSS)

Mike Lockwood wrote:

.... I've just been studying this document - best I've ever come across in all these years.  Major kudos to the author(s).

MSFC-STD-3528 | NASA Technical Standards System (NTSS)

Why you do not contact to the specified e-mail address (-) from this page?

Here is another useful document "MSFC-STD-555" (dated by 2013 year, but it contains a reference to the same document "MSFC Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Standard" by 2011 year, which you specified earlier): MSFC-STD-555 | NASA Technical Standards System (NTSS)

FYI:  

NASA-STD-(I)-0007 was created from the MSFC-STD-3528 CAD Standard, a stripped down version with a few modifications as an Interoperablility CAD Standard between the 10 NASA centers, since not every center uses Creo Parametric.

Top Tags