cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Opportunity for PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 in Russia

torme
4-Participant

Opportunity for PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 in Russia

As you know I've been saying the hand-held graphing calculator is obsolete.  Yet it is required for college entrance math tests in the USA.  In Russia no calculators are allowed in tests and homework.  I have been demonstrating Mathcad to some of the local secondary school math teachers. They of course like the free Mathcad Express, but are reluctant to shell out about $100 for the student version.  I keep telling them that the symbolic math capability for calculus is essential.  This is a task for Russia marketing.

We are now living in Zheshart, Komi Republic, Russia.  Natasha teaches English.  I'm learning Russian and promoting MOOCs and Mathcad.  The plywood factory here is playing with MDF (medium density fiberboard).  We are thinking about the technical problems of using extrudable MDF as material for a 3-D printer.

A major area for PTC development is CREO and 3-D printing closely integrated with Mathcad.

Cheers, Tom

1 REPLY 1
Top Tags