cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Standard Alphabetic Versioning Scheme

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Standard Alphabetic Versioning Scheme

Hi All,

Can you please answer below 2 questions on Versioning Scheme ?

1. ) Can I use an Alphabetic Versioning Scheme for a sub type object and a Numerical Based Versioning Scheme for its parent object ? Like to elaborate it, I want to use Numerical Versioning Scheme to "WTPart" and Standard Versioning Scheme to its sub type "CustomPart" ? Is it possible in Windchill ?  Can you please let me know about it once ?

2.) If I am using a Standard Alphabetic Versioning Scheme for both WTPart and its subtype CustomPart and if I dont want to use or skip the characters like A, D, G, I, K, L, M etc. only for its subtype CustomPart but not for WTPart. How would I do that ? Can you please let me know about it once.

Can you please brief me on these two queries.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Aditya Achanta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aditya,

You can create two separate OIR for WTPart and custom Part and In OIR mention which version series you want to use for each type.

<!--  set the version info to a generated version info -->

<AttrValue id="MBA|versionInfo" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.vc.server.impl.VersionInfoGenerator">

<Arg>wt.series.HarvardSeries</Arg>

</AttrValue>

If you are using file based series then you can add legacy=true in series to skip the latters if you can specify skip list in wt.properties using below properties  wt.series.MulticharacterSeries.MilSpec.skipList

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shreyas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aditya,

You can create two separate OIR for WTPart and custom Part and In OIR mention which version series you want to use for each type.

<!--  set the version info to a generated version info -->

<AttrValue id="MBA|versionInfo" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.vc.server.impl.VersionInfoGenerator">

<Arg>wt.series.HarvardSeries</Arg>

</AttrValue>

If you are using file based series then you can add legacy=true in series to skip the latters if you can specify skip list in wt.properties using below properties  wt.series.MulticharacterSeries.MilSpec.skipList

Hope it helps !!!

Thanks

Shreyas

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:satre-2)

Hi Shreyas,

Thank you.

Upon adding the characters that are to be excluded in the skiplist will that be reflected for all objects ?

Like as I said i want few characters to be skipped only for CustomPart but not WTPart. So will this be skipped for WTPart as well ? Can you please let me know about it once.

Best Regards,

Aditya Achanta

Top Tags