cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hypergeometric Function

DickCun
1-Newbie

Hypergeometric Function

Community....

I am attaching a worksheet requiring the use of a hypergeometric function 3F2 as may be seen. I am at a lost in setting this up in Mathcad 15.

Anyone that can help would be greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Dick..

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Richard. As Valery point to, 2F1 = fhyper (Gauss) and 1F1 = mhyper (Kummer), are the hypergeom functions avaibles in mathcad. For 3F2 (which have 3+2+1=6 args) you can use this directly in mathcad: Generalized hypergeometric function 3F2: Integral representations (formula 07.27.07.0001)

MainEq1.gif

If the integral fails or take to much time, can implement some numerical procedure to evaluate it, probably with more than one routine, each one for some convenient range of the values of the variables.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:DickCun)

Hi RC,

Perhaps the hypergeom function, in the version of mathcad Academic / student edition,  is not enabled. However, in the examples of the guide, it works.

So I tried to create the function corresponding  to that you want.

These are the results of my calculations following the textbook of mathematics "Bronstein-Semendjajew". They are contrary to the builtin function mathcad "hypergeom".

Greetings

FM

Hyper.jpg

Based on the previous results, we get:

hyper-results.jpg

Best regards

FM

Top Tags