cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Print Preview Crashes

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite

Print Preview Crashes

I have been running MathCad 14 with Windows 10. Print Preview was working but now when I try to use Print Preview it crashes and MathCad shuts down. I tried repairing the installation but this did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JohnRudnicki)

This at least looks similar to an old problem. see here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Print-problems/m-p/201375#89792.

Apparently it should be fixed with release M020 of Mathcad 14, per http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=1425078.

You should be able to download M020 via: Mathcad Downloads.

Luc

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks. I remember now this problem from when I originally got Mcad 14. I recently had to re-install it on a new computer because my old one died and I completely forgot about the updated release.

I downloaded M020 and installed it. Although I get the message that it is installed, now I cannot access the help files. When I try to do so, I get the message:

The path to your resource center C:\contents.hbk is incorrect. Run the installation of the resource center and Help to correct the problem.

How do I do this?

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks. But I looked at that and am still not clear about what to do. I do have a CD for MC 14.0 but not for M020 I just downloaded it from

Mathcad Downloads

Installing it did not give me any options. Help was working fine before I tried to install M020.

What you downloaded is an image of the CD. It's a self extracting zip file, so change the extension from .exe to .zip and extract everything.

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks for the suggestion (and those of others) but this did not work (could not unzip the file when the extension was changed). We (me and our computer guy) ended up copying a missing file (contents.hbk) from an old MC 13 installation that was still on my computer. Other files (for qsheets, etc) were in the download of M020, but needed to be moved to a folder where MC could find them. Happily, this problem (and original one of Print Preview crashed) seem to be solved.

OK. As long as it's sorted out.

Hallo JR,

Mathcad 14 works fine with Windows XP (even with SP3). I have doubts that it can work just as well with Windows 10.

However, try disabling the automatic calculation, in this case the preview should work.

Bye

FM

JohnRudnicki
14-Alexandrite
(To:-MFra-)

I have had some trouble installing and with installing the updata (M020) but once installed it seems to be working with Windows 10.

Top Tags