cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to set up Schematics Defaults on Server

bmikulka
1-Newbie

How to set up Schematics Defaults on Server

I've set my environment variable UI_CUST_ADMIN_DIR and pointed to our folder on the server.

I've created my files in that server folder (unless otherwise stated, I set-up everything as we like, saved it, and then I copied the files from my local drive onto the server):

creo_schematics_admin_customization.ui  (Created from scratch and currently empty)

creo_schematics_config.dat

creo_schematics_defaults.bin

creo_schematics_mapkey.dat

creo_schematics_shortcuts.dat

And nothing works (on anyone else's machine - mine still has them saved on the local drive). Obviously, I need to put something in the admin customization file, but I cannot find any guides anywhere on what is needed to reference these other files.

Can anyone help me to get this to work? Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
aoler
9-Granite
(To:bmikulka)

Beth,

Here is what I have done, and it seems to work.

Our install will copy the following files:

creo_schematics_config.dat

creo_schematics_defaults.bin

creo_schematics_mapkey.dat

creo_schematics_shortcuts.dat

to the following location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo\Schematics\

On our Network, I have our Custom UI folder that contains:

creo_schematics_admin_customization.ui

our UI_CUST_ADMIN_DIR environment variable points to here as well.

I also have a custom ribbon, with custom shortcuts. This causes problems because there can only be 1 creo_schematics_shortcuts.dat file. When you place the file in the same folder as the creo_schematics_admin_customization.ui file the Custom Ribbon and Shortcuts work for everyone, however, the user is unable to create their own Custom Ribbon at this point and save it because the Network copy always seems to win.

I push out my custom creo_schematics_shortcuts.dat to the user folder so they can make their own changes as they like, but they are aware they may have to update it to the new master copy and lose their changes if I make changes that need to be pushed out to everyone.

I am currently running Creo Schematics 3.0 m020

Hope this helps,

Aron

Top Tags