cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Simple programming operation, how to do it in Mathcad Prime 3.1?

jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member

Simple programming operation, how to do it in Mathcad Prime 3.1?

How would you do this "If" and "Otherwise" operation in Mathcad Prime 3.1?  have no idea what command to use or how to start it.

b=  0.85 if f'c=4000 psi               1.05-0.05*f'c/a000 psi  if 4000 psi < f'c  8000 psi                  0.65  otherwise

please see attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm guessing b should be 0.85 if f'c is LESS THAN or equal to 4000 psi -- I doubt b should be 0.65 if f'c is 3500 psi.

This is one approach:

If you have to perform this calculation multiple times, I would suggest making it a function: b(f'c):=...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I'm guessing b should be 0.85 if f'c is LESS THAN or equal to 4000 psi -- I doubt b should be 0.65 if f'c is 3500 psi.

This is one approach:

If you have to perform this calculation multiple times, I would suggest making it a function: b(f'c):=...

jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member
(To:jrodriguez-9)

Thank you very much. This answer is how it should be. Of course it does not look as neat as the text book but it does the work.

Mathcad 15 (and prior) is formatted the same as your textbook:

There are many differences between the legacy versions (15 and prior) and Prime.  This is one of them.

Juan,

You can start with the study of "PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 Help Center", here is a "Programs" chapter: PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 Help Center

It is possible to write it as chained 'if' statements (check the help centre.

Capture.PNG

Regards

Andy

Top Tags