cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

how to convert a fabricated assembly in inches to metric?

teakin
1-Newbie

how to convert a fabricated assembly in inches to metric?

have a fabricated housing made up of approx. 10 parts.  it's modeled in inches.  how can i change the entire assembly at one time?  tried model properties including sub assy's but no dice.

tried to change properties one at a time but encountered errors.  anyone help?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
jthakor
3-Visitor
(To:teakin)

Please follow below step for assembly to convert unit change.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:jthakor)

Hello troy eakin

agree with Jitu Thakor. But if you need some "batch solution" try one of following applications:

1) NOT freeware

AV ScriBatch Tools - Full Trailer - YouTube

2) Freeware

Creo Tutorial: How to use 4K-app: MultiMapkey - YouTube

Hope it can helps...

Milan

teakin
1-Newbie
(To:mbonka)

Milan if the person who made the video wasn't moving in "warp speed" I might could follow!

teakin
1-Newbie
(To:jthakor)

I tried that Jitu but didn't work like I wanted.  when I went to edit one of my parts in my assembly the dimensions were still in inches.  like I told Stephen below if I remember correctly when I measured from surface to surface the dim was in mm's.  not sure why when I open the part why the dim's I was to edit was in inches

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Have no idea how to help more...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

What error message did you encounter when you tried to scale using sub-models? (I'm assuming you meant sub-models instead of sub-assy's)

Stephen, I did not get an error message.  what I was hoping was when I selected the metric values and the sub models I was hoping it would convert all the parts to metric.

my assembly consists of various steel plate objects.  after the program ran and I would open one the parts and go to "edit" the dimensions were still in inches rather than mm's.  if I remembers correctly,  if I measured from surface to surface I would see the metric value.   not  sure when I went to the "edit" it showed inches.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I just tried it using a test assy. I created 2 parts and 1 assy, all in inches. Then I changed the units and used the include sub models check when I changed it.

It worked.

Can you attach the models?

You could also try a test model to see if it's something specific with those files.

no sir, can not send a model.  My company will not allow it.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's completely understandable. I took about 5 minutes and created a 2 part assy and tested it. It worked as expected. You may want to try that also. It will tell you if its a setting problem or a file problem.

If you are using some sort of file management (pdmlink) make sure all the files are checkout or modifiable (not locked).

Top Tags