cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Upgrading PTC Implementer

tcusick
1-Newbie

Upgrading PTC Implementer

I have only been with this company for 1 year as of yesterday and the job of upgrading the MKS system has landed in my lap.

I'm concerned because I have absolutely no knowledge of MKS/PTC at all and was given the Upgrade instruction manual yesterday.

I started reading it and it is talking about security and rights and things that need to be installed before running this PTC Implementer.

I'm thinking that the Upgrade should not require all that detailed installation and that it should be easier to do than a full blown installation os MKS/PTC?

My question is, is there an easier installation guide for just upgrading the system than the full install/upgrade installation?

Can someone tell me how easy it is to upgrade the system because I'm starting to get a bit freaked out (especially with some of the warning in the install/upgrade manual)?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you people can give me...

Thomas Cusick 

Program Analyst 

Shop Vac Corporation 

(570) 329-4100 (office) | (570) 321-7266 (fax) 

E-MAIL: TCusick@shopvac.com 

http://www.shopvac.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.. I was able to setup our account and talked with John on the customer support line and got PTC Implementer 12.0 installed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member
(To:tcusick)

Hi!

I've asked a Technical Support Engineer to get in touch with you.

Thanks!

Dawn

I believe they tried to contact me but we have been having problems with the phones and our email systems here the past few days... could you please have them try again as I believe everything has been worked out of the system.

Ok so right now I put the cd's in our test and prod boxes and I am getting the N/A status and according to the directions I need to install a patch.  When I go to the Patch page it is now asking me for my PTC CUstomer Login?  How do I find out what this is because apparently no one around here knows what our customer login or id is??

DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

Use your email address and the pass you used to sign on here.  

After I Login and tried to go to the support screen to get the update I get the following..

Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges

You are currently setup with a Basic PTC.com Account that does not provide access to this area of eSupport. This means that you may have an active PTC Global Support agreement however you have not yet Upgraded your Account to reflect your Support entitlements. To access this area please Upgrade Your Account.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hi Thomas Cusick‌,

Did you use your one of your company's SCNs or SON when you set up your account?  If not, you've only created a basic account, rather than one associated with your organization.  If this is the case, please follow the Upgrade Your Account link to begin the process of associating your account with your organization.  Until your account is tied to your organization, there's no way for the website to understand which organization you might be associated with.

Once that's completed, I believe DawnBlohm‌'s suggestion should work.

Regards, 

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.. I was able to setup our account and talked with John on the customer support line and got PTC Implementer 12.0 installed.

Top Tags