cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 3.0 - Edit Text Functionality in Drawing Mode

TedOtto
3-Visitor

Creo 3.0 - Edit Text Functionality in Drawing Mode

Just recently updated to Creo 3.0 from Creo 2.0.  Is there any config option to go back to the Edit Text Functionality use in Creo 2.0 and previous versions?  When you'd double click on your drawing text and the Text Editor Window would pop-up.  I'm not a fan of the new edit on the fly functionality that 3.0 now uses.  I know sometimes there are config options to go back to older version functionality for some commands.

Thanks!

Ted

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TedOtto)

Nope.  Starting with Creo 3 M100 you can once again access the text editor box, but you have to right click and choose "properties".  Double clicking will not automatically open it.

TedOtto
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

When in the Annotate Tab, I right click on text, I don't get the options you show..

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You have to select it and then right click, provided you are on M100.

I can tell by the blue outline, you haven't selected the text, you are just hovering over it.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yep, what Stephen said.  Click once.  (If you click twice you will be in edit mode, and then you can't get to the properties.)

TedOtto
3-Visitor
(To:TomU)

Looks like we're in M080...  I pick on it, and then right click and still don't get that option.  Double clicking gets the live edit to work.  Guess I'll have to wait until we go to M100.  Thanks for your help!

Ted

Top Tags