cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

General ePub format question for PTC staffers (or others in the know)

rarmstrong
1-Newbie

General ePub format question for PTC staffers (or others in the know)

Hi Folks,

Currently Arbortext support ePub2 as a format.

Epub3 has been around for a while - and so far I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that Arbortext will support anything newer in the near future.

So the question is, will Arbortext support ePub3 - or is ePub as an output format just being sustained at its current level with no plans for further development?

Thanks,

Rob.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rob,

As a Channel Partner, I have not heard of support coming for ePub 3, yet. That doesn't mean it is not on a roadmap in the future. Arbortext 7.0 was just released so a host of new features are most likely on the way.

That being said, Arbortext Publishing Engine is a robust publishing platform. PE could always be extended to support ePub 3.0 or any output with some customization.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Rob,

As a Channel Partner, I have not heard of support coming for ePub 3, yet. That doesn't mean it is not on a roadmap in the future. Arbortext 7.0 was just released so a host of new features are most likely on the way.

That being said, Arbortext Publishing Engine is a robust publishing platform. PE could always be extended to support ePub 3.0 or any output with some customization.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff Stevenson‌,

We have just opted for some minor configuration changes and post processing to generate ePub3 compliant files for the time being. If in future, they choose to add ePub3 compatibility, we'll just have to modify our publishing flow for that.

Thanks for the response,

Rob.

Top Tags