cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Post Processor for Mach 3

psherman
1-Newbie

Post Processor for Mach 3

Hello,

I am looking to convert the CL data for use in a Mach 3 controller.

Does anyone have a post for this.

Thanks so much in advance!

You can e-mail me direct at paul.Sherman@ga-asi.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I'm assuming you are working with a milling machine?

Regardless, there are a bunch of post-processors here:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/ncgp2646/ncgp2646.htm

You'll need to have a support account to access them, unfortunately. I didn't see anything that specifically refers to a "Mach 3" controller. Is that a FANUC (G-Code) based device? Either way, if you can't find a suitable drop-in post-processor, you might have to:

(1) Pay someone to write one for you, or sell you one they already have made. I've seen references to Austin NC, but have no experience with them.

(2) Start with an existing one and modify it to suit your needs.

(3) Contact your PTC reseller and see what they have to offer as suggestions.

It's not an easy thing to get this stuff set up for a machine. There's not a very big group of people using Creo for manufacturing compared to other software, like MasterCAM.

Top Tags