cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Solidworks compatibility

vjimenez-rico
1-Newbie

Solidworks compatibility

Hello,

On the website, it says how you can now view SolidWorks parts in Creo 3.0. I have followed the guides online as to how to do it, yet I am unable to open the file. I have the student edition for Creo 3.0, would this be why?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

I don't know what the student version comes with but you need the creo collaboration extension.

http://www.ptc.com/cad/creo/unite-technology/collaboration-extensions

You would likely get a better answer if Toby Metcalf‌ moved this question over to the academic support forum.

ok, thank you Stephen.

I am looking at the link but I am not seeing how to acquire that. When I go to export it says "license for ATB SolidWorks (Collaboration_Ext_SolidWorks) is not available. ATB operations are going to be ignored."

Not sure on what to do at this point

Good day -

I have moved this to the Academic area to get the right eyes on it.

Best,

Toby

Thank you Toby,

How can I get there?

Hi Victor - the discussion is now here PTC Academic Program

Hi,

1.]

You do not need to have Solidworks collaboration extension to be able to open Solidworks models.

2.]

Every commercial license contains Creo Unite module (code 336). This module enables you to open Solidworks models.

Please check your license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

3.]

Solidworks 2016 models can be opened in Creo Parametric 3.0 M100, only.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags