cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Difference in Play Path

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Difference in Play Path

Is anyone else seeing a difference in their toolpaths between running play path inside of the sequence and by Right clicking on the sequence in the feature tree? I initially had an issue with a face milling sequence but I just came across the same issue with a Volume Rough sequence. I see this in both M080 and M100.

Inside_sequence.PNG

Here is the toolpath from inside of the sequence. Both Volumes plunge from .100" above the volume by using "Clear_Dist"

RMB_Playpath.PNG

Here is the same exact toolpath when RMB > Play Path. The lower volume rapids into the part.

For the time being I increased my "Clear_Dist" to .375" to make the bottom on plunge as needed and the top one just plunges from farther away from the part.

Anyone else seeing anything like this???

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags