cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing Axis disappears when I make it a datum

mbarraclough
1-Newbie

Drawing Axis disappears when I make it a datum

When I create a datum plane/axis in Creo 3 the corresponding axis disappears and I end up having to create a new axis in the model so it shows in the drawings.

Is this a config issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin,

This is the common behavior that i have observed in Creo 2 and 3. We usually create a separate datum axis in such cases to use as a GTOL datum, be it a datum plane or axis.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Martin,

Please check your layers and see if the datum features are being hidden by default.

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your advice....

I have checked the datum feature in both the model and the drawing and thy are not hidden.

Any other ideas?

Thanks....

Martin.

It could be that the axis is being placed on a layer that is turned off...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your advice....

I have checked the datum feature in both the model and the drawing and thy are not hidden.

Any other ideas?

Thanks....

Martin.

Hi,

please upload testing data. Use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi martin,

Please find attached the model and drawing.

Thanks,

Martin....

Martin,

please can you describe step-by-step procedure "How to reproduce the problem..." ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

When I produce the drawing the centre-lines for the mounting holes are present.

I select the centre-line which I require to be Datum A. right click and select properties. Change the name to A. Select Set and placement in a dimension. Pick the hole diameter dimension and click OK.

The original centre-line for the hole then disappears.

Hope this helps.....

BR

Martin......

Martin,

I can reproduce reported behavior. Unfortunately I am not able to determine if it is a bug or not. If you can please report the problem to PTC Support.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

This is the common behavior that i have observed in Creo 2 and 3. We usually create a separate datum axis in such cases to use as a GTOL datum, be it a datum plane or axis.

Thank you for your help.

I have reported the problem to our maintenance provider.

Will let the forum know if I get an answer.

BR

Martin.

Top Tags