cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

cutcom

pesau-2
2-Guest

cutcom

hi,

I am using custom trajectory for milling a 'U' shape profile with cutcom on

with following parameters
Lead in
Tangent lead step =4

lead out
Tangent lead step =4

When NUMBER_CUTS =2

i get following error message

"Tool path could not be created; Please check the setup"

But works fine with  NUMBER_CUTS =1

Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pesau-2)

When you set NUMBER_CUTS = 2 you're telling it you want 2 cuts, one at the "final" Z depth, and the next at a Z depth of STEP_DEPTH above the final Z depth. The error might mean you have some value for the STEP_DEPTH that is invalid, or causes the first cut to be above the retract plane. The tangent lead doesn't really come into it.

Thanks for the reply,

I am using cutcom for the first time , but without cutcom the program works fine with Number_CUTS=15 also. I feel I am doing some mistake in setting the cutcom value.

Cutcom should be as simple as setting cutcom to "On" and specifying a Cutcom Register.  I never touch the CUTCOM_LOC_APPR or the CUTCOM_LOC_EXIT.

mrao
8-Gravel
(To:pesau-2)

Hi

First, you need to define volume of lead-in and lead-out distance, then follow below illustration to define your parameters of trajectory.

Have a good day!!

Mark Rao

Top Tags