cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Why is Export to PDF, and Capture PDF on check-in (Windchill) greyed out ?

NickD
8-Gravel

Why is Export to PDF, and Capture PDF on check-in (Windchill) greyed out ?

I am trying to understand how to manage Creo Schematic (Lite) v3.0 design files in Windchill PDMLink v10.2 M030, and have configured it to work with the Workgroup Manager.  We can create a design using the sample catalogue, saved it to a Workspace where it is stored on an ECAD Schematic type document, and can be checked in to Windchill.

Unlike other ECAD applications, with Creo Schematics it is not possible (or is it ?) to link the ECAD Schematic document to an ECAD Derived (Drawing or Content) object, or to use an ECAD Content Definition to collect files named for example *.pdf.  It would appear that the only option available for adding any derived or exported copies of the source file is to use Edit Attachments manually, and I assume we could do this with a PDF copy, in much the same way as the example shown with an XML file shown on PTC Learning Exchange.

I see that there is a command to Export to PDF, and an option to Capture PDF on check-in to Windchill, but on our test system these are both greyed out, as shown on the attached images.  I have tried this on PCs with and without a full copy of Adobe Acrobat installed and that appears to make no difference.

Can anyone tell me how to get this command and option enabled ?

Nick

CreoSchematics_PDF_Export_greyed.PNG

CreoSchematics_Windchill_Options.PNG

UPDATE (thanks to our VAR) : this is a limitation in Creo Schematics Lite, which cannot export PDFs, so we'll need to get hold of a full copy to test this functionality.

http://support.ptc.com/help//creo_hc/creo30_schem_hc/usascii/index.html#page/schematics/schematics_hc/Limitations_of_Creo_Schematics_Lite.html

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags