cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unintended Lighting Change

anovak-2
3-Visitor

Unintended Lighting Change

For some reason that I can't identify, the lighting in a solid model or an assembly gets really dark once I create an offset section in a drawing of some part or assembly.  The only fix I've been able to find is restarting Creo.  Can anyone tell me what button I'm missing here?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:anovak-2)

Hello Alan Novak

could you pass some printscreen please?

anovak-2
3-Visitor
(To:mbonka)

I've attached a before and after of a random part open in the session.  The other images are of the part used to create the offset section and then another random model open in the session.  The lighting on every model is effected for some reason when I create the offset section on the one part.

Thank you for the consideration.

chuck1.JPGchuck2.JPGoffset.JPGAssembly.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before. If I remember correctly (it was on a user computer, not mine) it was running on hardware and a graphics card that was no longer supported. I don't remember if we were able to solve it, maybe with a driver update or a driver setting. Sorry, don't remember.

First make sure that your hardware is up to the specs for the version you are running. If so, then try updating your graphics driver. As for the driver settings... there are lots of those, hard to try suggesting which ones

Looks like the issue, and solution, might have been along these lines - since posting I upgraded to a new computer and I'm not seeing this lighting problem anymore. 

Top Tags