cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Where can i find info about the MessageCatalog for triggerscripts?

JensN.
13-Aquamarine

Where can i find info about the MessageCatalog for triggerscripts?

Hi @all,

recently i stumbled upon a triggerscript, which seems to be a standard-script which comes with Integrity ootb. Its the Script "dependentStatus.js". In this script is existing following code:

var mc = MessageCatalog.getCatalog("mks.ci.server.engine.TriggerCache");

log ("MessageCatalog: " + String(mc));

// Otherwise it is an error.  Accumulate an error message.

var thisMsg = mc.getMessage("RELATED_ISSUE_ERROR_P1") + " " + relIssue.getID() + " " + mc.getMessage("RELATED_ISSUE_ERROR_P2") + " " + dependentStatesName + mc.getMessage("RELATED_ISSUE_ERROR_P3") + " " + relIssue.getState();

So for me it seems that there are a MessageCatalog, and within this catalog there are some sentence building blocks. But i didn't find anything about this catalog in the documentation. Also i didn't find anything about the command "getCatalog" in the trigger-documentation. Where can i get any info about this?

Thanks, Jens

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jens-Uwe Nixdorf,

i have that trigger on my systems but mine are without the part that you quoted. MessageCataloge might be a custom build java program from PTC. It should be in your server install directory under data/java.

Something should be either in jars or classes.

Regrads,

Dominik

MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:JensN.)

MessageCatalog is internal to Integrity and not part of any external published/supported API, so that's why there is no information about it.

JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi Michael Chatel‌,

thanks for your answer. So could you please answer me (or could you please ask some responsible person at PTC): what is so confidential in a library of messages? Sometimes trigger are producing very cryptic error-messages, and the user doenst get an idea what was going wrong since he clicked at "apply". For this it would be great if we would have some access to these messages. I cannot see any system critical functionality in it...

Kind regards, Jens

Top Tags