cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

What is the Best practice in below event ...

skolekar
1-Newbie

What is the Best practice in below event ...

I am working with Windchill 10.2 and CATIA V5. I have below scenario, where I have WTPart and CAD Document associated and Published in Windchill.

But after these data released, I have to release another part which is same like the one released except say material / Paint / Supplier difference. so as per the best practice which option is most accepted from below;

Option A: Create new CAD document (B) keeping CCP link from existing CAD document (A). Make B document owner associate with new WTPart B. Keep the same drawing 'C' Conent associated with New WTPart (B)

With Option A, the structure is simple for understanding when it is 2 - 3 parts connected, when these number grow up this structure will be more complex to manage.

Option B: Create a design table for CAD document to create three instances (1 for creating drawing and two for ownership association with WTParts)

With Option B, I have to revise the existing WTPart to connect with new instance of the design table and update all the assemblies where earlier CAD document was used, So my understanding is this is not a good option to go with, Please advise.

Experts in this community, what option do you use in these situation, Or is there any better option out. As sometime, we do not predict the family of parts requirement when a design is created and released.

Thanks

Satish

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:skolekar)

I suggest you talk to Lewis Lawrence‌.  He mentioned something in Re: How to capture the "Approver name" from the promotion request into the drawing title block? about moving color and coating information to the WTPart.  I believe this is to facilitate this very thing.  You might also want to skim these discussions:

Top Tags