cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Trying to use 3D Contacts in CREO's Mechanism

mwalters
1-Newbie

Trying to use 3D Contacts in CREO's Mechanism

Hello,

I would like to add contacts to my model.  There is a part that travels up an down a rod following cam paths attached by a spring.  I have a washer at the end of said rod, theoretically, keeping said "traveling part" from coming off the end of the rod.  When I attempt to use the 3D contact feature I am not able to select the two surfaces that I am interested in.

I am fairly new to Mechanism so it's possible that more information is needed to respond.  Please inbox me for any additional information and/or clarification.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mwalters)

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV

3D contact is picky about the type of surfaces used.  Take a look at this:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/simulate/3D_Contact/about_3d_contact.html

mwalters
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hey Tom Thanks for the quick response!  So attempting to create a contact between to planar surfaces was my issue.  What if someone wanted to do this though, is there some sort of go around that your aware of?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You cheat.  Make a spherical surface that is tangent with the face of your planar surface and use that instead.

Top Tags